Thursday, 27 August 2015

Leaving the house...

I often tell people I never leave the house, obviously this is a lie. I do venture outside occasionally. When the twins were babies and therefore couldn't walk, a pushchair was a must. "Go for a walk" they said. "Get some fresh air" they said. Well I must stress that it was impossible. I had two double pushchairs so physically could not leave the house alone. It does get slightly tedious having to ask for help to take my children for a walk. And as much as people want to help, they do have their own lives to live. "It'll get easier when they are walking" they said. The "it'll get easier" statement is one of the biggest lies of parenthood I'm sorry to say. In fact not just of parenthood. It's up there with "I'll be home in five minutes" "no you don't look fat in that" and all those Pinterest tutorials.

I still can not leave the house alone. Well I could if I don't mind losing a child, which although sometimes is tempting, is not an option.

So on Tuesday I recruited my partners brothers girlfriend (aha) to come for a walk with us. After getting all the children fed and washed and dressed and then myself, we were finally ready to go at 11am. We got up at 7. I'm not too sure why everything takes so long these days I'm dreading going back to the school run. Anyway, the best thing about the outside world, especially a nice forest walk, is that the twins get to burn off a shit load of energy and I am reminded of the beauty of the outside. Whenever I feel stressed or the twins are getting bored and restless I will just pack us in the car and drive to a forest.

Day trips are a different kettle of fish. As are park visits. In fact there is too much to say about those I think I'll have to do a different blog post.

Lauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment