The challenges with the children are, as always, changing daily. But as Dory would say, just keep swimming.
My eldest daughter will be eleven (wow) next month. Her attitude is also changing daily! For which I can't moan about in the slightest as my dad told me, its karma. Haha. She is currently preparing for her SATS exams which she is completely worked up about. Not sure how I feel on these tests at the moment to be honest, although I am sure she will always do her best. She is also in full swing with her athletics club, learning Japanese and aikido. Not sure how I'm making this sound like a fucking CV I haven't meant to!
My eldest set of twins are now four, the younger set are now three. Myself and my partner are getting married this year, in august. We are also moving house in a couple of weeks. Did i mention my partner has his own business? A building company which has taken off the past year. Which is great for us financially but not so great for stress and the overall quality time we can spend together.
I do not really have one particular point for this blog post as there is no particular reason for me feeling sad today. I am just being completely selfish but feeling better already. All I could do with right now is a french 75 cocktail (if you haven't discovered these yet please Pinterest right now).
On a much more positive note! (can you tell I have drunk my cocktail now?) One of my friends that I have known for twenty years, just found out she is having twins! So naturally it brings me back to that moment of panic and joy and shock that I, and I assume you who is reading this, felt when I was told that news. Amazing. It also reminded me of the unnerving dread of the reality that I actually didn't have a fucking clue where to start! So, in honour of my friend and the fact that it is fun to look at cute baby stuff, I will post on Monday all of the best buys when you are expecting twins as well as the shit you do not need to waste money on.
As for now, everybody in the house is fast asleep, so I will have another cocktail in the peace and quiet and eat all the chocolate that I hid in the laundry room, out in the open like a free woman!
Well not that free as I will have to make sure that the wrappers are in the bin under other random, boring food waste as to not give the game away.
Lauren x
| Add caption |
No comments:
Post a Comment