Sunday, 7 July 2019

Swimming with the tribe

Today was the twins first swimming lesson. NOT i might stress, taught by myself as I definitely do not have the patience nor the inclination to do that! We joined David Lloyd gym about a year ago and never used it, only that random time every few months where I realised I need to do some kind of exercise if I'm going to carry on enjoying my secret chocolate club. Thats what I'm calling it now, like its not just me by myself in the kitchen late at night.

Anyway. The lessons are half an hour and its one teacher to four children ratio. To my surprise it worked out perfectly. Usually any sort of activity consists of military organisation and circus juggling skills. It was definitely the best way I have spent a Saturday morning for a while and I would certainly recommend to others. Just be mentally prepared for the trauma of the changing rooms afterwards. Even in a family sized changing room we, being larger in numbers that the average family, struggled for space. The best way I can describe it was, grabbing two children arms as the other two, looking like baby bambi on ice, slip and slide all over the place. At least I hadn't been in the pool too otherwise I know for a fact I would have been doing the grab-a-kid dance naked. I have never grasped the skill of tying a towel round me successfully and having it stay in place. That is going on my to learn list, as well as the saxophone, joinery, and knitting. (As if.)

Well good luck, the smiles on their faces are worth the sticky changing room floor, promise.

Lauren xx

P.s I wrote this in 2017 just never got around to posting haha




No comments:

Post a Comment