This is my blog for anyone expecting twins, raising twins or just interested in twins! When I was expecting I wanted all the information I could gather, so hopefully this will give a real glimpse into life with twins. My life!
Friday, 22 March 2013
Well...
We have had our scan! I am 16 weeks plus 2 days as i write this. So this is where my pregnancy diary begins. I suppose it'll be a little different from usual pregnancy diaries as looking after twin 5 month olds and a 7 year old isn't common. But we are so excited for our new additions to our family!
Our sonographers words however, were "how unlucky". Unlucky???!! No, i feel lots of emotions but unlucky is definately not one of them. Other than that the staff were very good, lots of information as we are worried about how i will cope once these twins are born as the other half will be back at work. There are volenteers from an organisation called homestart, but thats for things like cleaning up and making food. No help with the babies. Although the midwife I spoke to has put me in touch with a lady from TAMBA. So hopefully we'll come up with something!
Before my scan I was so worried that the babies would be ok, as there is always risks with any pregnancy. But everything looks good! Seperate sacs, two placentas, healthy twins! Everbody asks if the symptoms of pregnancy are worse with twins, but I don't feel pregnant at all. I was feeling sick and exhausted in the first few weeks which I put down to looking after the newborn twinnies. Now - nothing! but my bump is growing steadily.
We are trying to get organised as soon as possible. But that isn't something that comes naturally to us. there are so many questions and potential problems, but nothing that can't be sorted out. Moving house, a new car, even down to the weekly food shop. All challenges for a family of seven.
Will write again next week
Lauren x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment